Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Super Berry!!!

Every morning when I make my shake I always add in blue berries. Blue berries are known to have the highest antioxidant levels out of any berry. Well there appears to be a new contender for that title now and it is quite a bit stronger than anything else of its kind. The new berry is Aronia melanocarpa (black chokeberry). This berry has some of the best antioxidant properties ever seen. As you know oxidation is the worst thing that can happen to your body. It is constantly ravaging your body. If you don't believe me cut an apple and leave it out for a while. It will turn brown that is oxidation at work. We need oxygen to live but we do not need any collateral damage. It is not that popular due to the fact that it has only been used in Europe to make jam and wine. It is also quit tart tasting in certain varieties. But as you train and subject your body to the extra stress and wear and tear of training as they say you need to give it the best food possible. I definitely plan on adding this super food to my shake as soon as I can find it. Train hard and keep yourself posted.