Friday, July 26, 2013

How many days a week should you do cardio?

Well there is a lot of talk out there as to how many days a week you should do cardio. Some people say every day and others hardly ever do it. It is all relative to your goals. I disagree with both stances I think there are two things to be considered when thinking about what to do when you do cardio. The first is your goal. What do you want to achieve? Do you want to burn fat build endurance or both. Well here is the deal if you plan on endurance than don't plan on muscle mass. You cannot support extra mass and do hours of intense cardio each day. If you do not believe me as any marathon runner. Just look at the difference between sprinters and long distance runners. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be and endurance athlete you just can have both.
If you want to be lean and retain muscle mass you have to take a more regimented approach to your fat burning. you have to target just the fat without sacrificing your muscle gains. What that means is that you will do shorter regimented style sessions of cardio instead of running miles and miles a day. For me  I like to keep my muscle mass. So I take a regimented approach to my fat burning I target my fat and spare the muscle. There are ways to do this that are relatively simple. It just takes some initiative and focus. So to answer the question it depends on your goals. I do cardio three days a week only 20 - 30 minutes per session and small intense bouts in the morning before I eat breakfast. That works for me. I do occasionally do long intense bouts of endurance training but I limit this to no more than once per week at maximum. Don't forget to follow us and subscribe. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment