Monday, April 2, 2012

Is sugar toxic???

There is a debate going on about weather sugar is toxic. Well this is the way that I see it. There are a lot of food products these days that have a lot of sugar in them. When I say a lot I mean WAY TO MUCH!!! You can simply look at the label and see how many grams of sugar there are in a given product you want to eat. I do not care weather it is fructose, sucrose or whatever ose it is sugar. Our bodies are not designed to process vast quantities of sugar like a humming bird. If you don't believe me eat something that contains a lot of sugar and then eat a piece of fruit. The fruit will taste bland or even bitter. Do you know why? It is because your sense of taste has been so over whelmed by all the sugar in the processed product you just consumed. Another problem with eating all this sugar is insulin. Not only can it cause you to become diabetic but it will also cause you to age rapidly. When your body released insulin in vast quantities it causes oxidation of your cells during the insulin/sugar uptake process. There are several studies that have shown this to happen. When your cells oxidize they are being damaged. Just cut an apple and watch it turn brown. That is oxidation in real time. So to answer the question is sugar toxic? I would say only in large quantities and over a long period of time. The sugar itself is not the toxin it is the way people over indulge and their excess that cause the bad side effects. Then again if you are forced to drink a bathtub of water I think it would probably kill you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment