Thursday, February 23, 2012

Change things up to spice up your training program.

Much like other people who are advanced in their training regiments I was having trouble keeping motivated not too long ago. I just did not seem motivated to train and it was harder and harder for me to get in the gym and train. I was thinking what is wrong with me? I have been training my whole adult life and now I am not motivated to do what I love to do. I had a kind of eureka moment I have always been doing traditional gym type exercises. So no matter how I would change or do something different it was getting stale. I started incorporating unconventional movements and exercises 2-3 times a week. Not only did my body respond but my mind did to. I will do an MMA style workout for endurance twice a week. This is a very good replacement for cardio boredom by the way. Then a friend of mine has introduced me to the strong man lifts with the yolk, logs and strongman dumbbells. That is one hell of a workout by the way. Anyway my point in saying all this is variety is the spice of life even in the gym. If you are getting stuck in a rut and bored experiment a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment